Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson.

Hunter S. Thompson was a writer; among other things. He was also completely and utterly insane. I mean, it's not a fucking secret or anything, but he was clearly a psycho. He denounced George Bush like it was his job, and even, if I remember correctly said that he would kill himself if George Bush became President. Sorry if that's a little defeaning for some people, because I liked the guy, and I voted for George Bush as well. Most people would just move to Canada, not kill themselves, if John Kerry won, hell, I'd accept, because you know what I'm a true American Citizen; but I don't know why Thompson killed himself. I don't know, I'd like to believe that it was just too much to take, the voice in his head talking to him, because he was clearly hearing something.

Gary Trudeau who writes Doonsbury based the character of Duke on Thompson and what did Thompson say? "I've never met Garry Trudeau, but if I ever do, I'll set him on fire." Dude, he was nutty, and he committed suicide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home